Friday 12 June 2009

It's that time of year again

I have next week off work as a holiday. I don't really have anything planned, I'm not going anywhere, but I have to use up my holidays so there goes 5 of them. It's not a very good time for me to take time off from work, but it never is. We're always too busy. I'm sure I'll spend most of my time sat around doing nothing thinking I might as well be at work. I hate the break in routine and I know I'll just feel a fair amount of anxiety through the week.

I'm going to do my best to at least do something I wouldn't normally do, or go somewhere different. Maybe even stay overnight somewhere and experience a different town for once. I'd also like to give the flat a top to tail clean and tidy up, though if I do I won't promise myself that I'll keep it that way all the time as I know I won't. I have a programming book I'm stalled with so maybe I can kick start that again. I just hope that at the end of the week I don't look back and realise I've done nothing.

Update

When you've just had a meeting with your boss telling him how behind schedule things are on vital projects due to temporary staff not pulling their weight and remind him at the end of the meeting that you're on holiday the following week and his response is "Is that a joke?" - and he means it - nothing good is going to come of it.

Long story short; I am not on holiday next week after all.

No comments: